Know When to Cool It

Nicholas - McConnells, South Carolina

“This I Believe”

“Staying humble and appreciating who you are makes you happier than being conceited.” From experience I know this. Being on the football team you constantly hear people telling you that you’re the man and you hear constant praise on the things that you do well and even in situations when you don’t do well.

As Akeem and Patrick know being in J-Bar’s weight room you always hear someone telling you good job or nice work today, or even when you lift a new weight, everyone expresses their happiness and excitement for you, even the J-Bar himself. Being in the weight room and on the football field hearing these things, it’s easy to get too confident and forget that you still have a lot to learn. I’ve seen many people that play football and just in every day life become too confident in themselves and think that they’re the best or they’re God’s best creation. Being conceited isn’t a good look for you or the people around you. It makes you look like you think you deserve everything in the world and really you don’t. It’s okay to be confident but you should know when you’re pushing it too far.