Homemade Ice Cream

Jar - R2D2 Penguin 98524, Alaska

I believe that the best ice cream comes from a slow-churned can inside a home. Things taste better if you just wait. There is no magic to opening a cardboard box filled with ice-cream, but there is if you pop open a can of it, a world of magic explodes right there in front of you. If you make something with the scraps from your home, all handmade, it always tastes better. Maybe it is just the fact that you have to wait that extra couple of hours to get your desire (ice-cream), but somehow, for some reason, it just feels better to eat it.

If ice cream is bought from the store, there is no wonder or excitement to what it might taste like. You have already tried the flavors a million times, and they always taste like plain old chocolate, boring vanilla, or maybe some Oreo. I’m not saying that I don’t like to eat those, but here is no surprise to what it could taste like. When I make ice cream, I could have spilled in too much chocolate, or there could have been a spoonful too much of vanilla, or, in my case, the whole box of Oreos could have “accidentally” got dumped in to this delicious mixture. But there is no way of knowing what you will taste when you put it into your mouth. It very well could taste bad, but most likely, chocolate, vanilla, or Oreos can’t taste bad. Even though this wonderful creation is cold, it still tastes creamy and melts like warm butter in your mouth. It seems as though this creation tastes so good, that it should not be able to exist.

I have noticed, that when my family has ice cream from the store, everyone has a bowl, but then doesn’t eat any more for a while after that. When there is any homemade ice cream in our freezer, the longest that it stays there is maybe two days at the most. Once one bowl is eaten, most of us head back for seconds, sometimes in my case, thirds.