I Believe in Monopoly

Saskia - Gresham, Oregon

I believe in Monopoly

I believe in Monopoly because it’s a game I love to play. I don’t play it much because I don’t know a lot of people who like to play Monopoly. Some think it takes to long and it never ends. That’s not true if you enjoy the game you’d say it’s to short. As for me I say it’s the perfect length. When I was little I got my dad to play Monopoly, but only a few times. I told him it would help me with math and how to handle money. Also I had to add up the numbers on the die.

What I love about Monopoly is that you have to know how you play and know your strategy. Do you want to buy all the properties you land on or do you wait and save your money and collect all the same colors for those more expensive properties. I myself wait to buy the properties worth more. It’s my best strategy, except I don’t always win.

I believe that Monopoly is the best game ever, or at least one of the best. When playing the game you are in control. You choose what you want to buy. You choose what you want to sell. You choose your marker, and you choose how you arrange your money so that it is easy to access and keep track. The only luck in this game are the numbers that come up on the die. Many people change the rules. I am one of them. I play so that when you land on Free Parking you get all the money in the middle and tax money. It’s like winning the lottery. This game teaches valuable things such as handling and spending money. I like this game because you can play it with the whole family. That is why I believe in Monopoly.