TEXTING IS A WAY OF LIFE

Randi - Gresham, Oregon
Age Group: 65+

Texting is a way of life…….

Cell phones are a relatively new form of technology that has swept the nation of America. Kids as young as five years old have been seen walking down streets or school hallways, talking to another person on a cell phone. Texting on a cell phone isn’t just “some annoying hobby” as many adults have said before to describe it; I believe that texting is a way of life that is chosen and once chosen cannot be easily reversed. Once you get the hang of texting, and actually have enough friends that can text in your contact list, it’s impossible too just stop and never do it again. Texting is an addiction. For most teenagers your cell phone is your life. Cell phones are your contact to the out side world, a way to make plans with your friends. I text every day, none stop from the time I get out of school till I fall asleep. When ever I get grounded the first thing to get taken away, because my mom knows that my cell phone is part of me and texting is what I do the most. Texting comes as naturally to me as sleeping and walking. I understand and speak the language; I’m even able to text on my phone with out seeing the screen or keys. Making somebody quite texting just like that is cruel; it’s the same thing as telling a smoker that they can never smoke again with out any help o warning. Texting is a way of life that many Americans, including me have chosen and cannot give up.