I Believe In The Fear Of Growing Up.

Hannah - 97080, Arizona

I believe in the fear of growing up. From grade school to middle school, it seemed like a huge step for me 3 years ago. I remember I was deathly afraid of growing up. I would always beg to God to let me stay, as I am, a happy little 5th grader. Of course my wishes were far from being granted. I could beg all I want, yet the truth boggled in my head. I knew deep inside, although not wanting to admit it, it was time for me to take a step and grow up. Now, obviously I’m over that stage where I struggled to go from elementary school to the wide ranged halls of a big middle school. However, another big step in growing up awaits me shortly.

Whenever I speak or even think about my future, I get butterflies in my stomach and the thoughts just remain tingling through my mind. For me, I actually can’t wait for high school. I’ve been anticipating the day I first step in the big doors and walk in as an independent “high schooler.” However, the thoughts of growing up seemed to be my main problem or reason for struggling. Although I can’t wait to leave this crappy old middle school, I’m afraid to depart from it too. When the time comes, hopefully I’ll be ready. After high school comes college. Then after that? Jobs, marriage, and kids? The thought of growing up is a big fear of mine, but an even bigger challenge in which I hope to overcome in the future. I know also that I must live one day at a time and not over rush things in life. But when the time comes I will overcome my fear in growing up.