Be Yourself

Shawn - Jacksonville

Being yourself is probably the most self-righteous thing you can do. Whether you think people will or won’t accept you should be the last thing on your mind. Worrying about people’s opinions and acceptance of the way you are just cause’s self-consciousness and it lowers your self esteem. If being someone else means getting acceptance and happiness from people, then are they really your true friends? Are they really people that you can hang out with? I don’t think so. I was raised to be myself, not others. I grew up to be my own leader, not someone else’s follower.

As I grow up, I became more of a “Rocker”. I listened to rock music, dressed the way I wanted, did what I wanted no matter what people thought. I’m weird in my own way and I enjoy it. A lot of people now a days just follow the “cult”. I see a lot of kids and teenagers that feel as if they are above everyone else. There are people who consider themselves to be “gangster” when deep down they are just following what everyone else does.

Being who you are earns you respect from everyone else. I believe that by being you, you show that you refuse to be a follower, a faker, a figment of everyone’s imagination. I try to associate with people who know who they are because it makes me proud to see that not everyone is the same. Personally, I don’t see why a lot of people try to be someone they’re not. There is no reason to be ashamed of who you are. Just because someone doesn’t like you for who you are doesn’t mean that another person won’t. There will always be people who judge you or won’t like you for being you. You should always think of it this way; “It’s not your loss if people decide to judge you before getting to know you. In the end, you will realize that you don’t need them and somewhere along the line people will accept you for being yourself.”

I believe that we’re all different and that is what make us unique. That is what make us special in our own way. People who hide behind “The cult” and know that it is not who they really are need to open up to themselves because hiding behind your shadow and the shadow of others just makes you a follower, a nobody and just another person scared to show who they can really be. I believe that by showing people who you really are, you stand out. You stand out as an individual. You stand out as unique and that’s what I believe. Be unique, Be an individual, Be yourself.