I Believe in the transformative power of love

Alan - Coeur d`Alene, Idaho
Themes: love

I believe in the transformative power of love. I believe that true love is neither acquisitive nor benevolent. That is, it is neither self centered or other centered. Rather, it is we centered, and seeks the fulfillment of both the lover and the one who is loved.

I believe that love transforms and binds the past. Real love allows us to experience, forgive and then forget pain. It erases our separation from one another and thus has the power to transform and overcome evil.

I believe that love ties the present to the future, offering hope, even during the darkest of times.

I believe that true love is like a fire that sweeps through a forest – it is both threatening and life giving at the same time. The flame which destroys the old growth of our thoughts and emotions carries the seeds of new life and, with new life, beauty.

I believe that love transforms both happiness and sadness into a deep and abiding joy. It burns through our hearts and minds, ridding us of impurities. True love shows us our true self, free and unfettered, if only for a minute.

I believe that love provides a map that we can consult in any situation or at any time. When we are lost and question the direction of our lives, true love is an infallible compass. It will always point toward the most meaningful. It will always show what is most important. We need only to follow its arrow faithfully to ensure a safe return home.

I believe that true love is discoverable and can be found with honest answers to honest questions.

I believe that true love transforms weakness into strength and fear into courage.

I believe in love for all times and in all situations.

I believe in true love. I believe in you. And I believe in me.