I Believe in Compliments

Mallory - Altoona, Iowa

I Believe in Compliments

I believe in compliments because they make everyone happy. They also make people feel good about themselves. A compliment is an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration. Everyone loves to be admired. Getting a compliment makes the complimented people feel appreciated, noticed, and excited. When people get compliments, it is usually because someone noticed something special about him or her and wanted to make sure that he or she knew it.

In every day life, I try to give compliments as much as possible. It makes me feel great to make other people feel good. I know that when I give a compliment, I just made that person’s day a little better. My favorite part of giving a compliment is watching the person smile. I love to see their face light up. I also like to see the little boost of confidence it gives them.

No matter how someone is feeling, if someone gives them a compliment, it will automatically make them feel better and put a smile on their face. If the compliment is as simple as, “I like your earrings,” or “you look extra cute today,” it does make the person feel extremely happy. It also makes him or her feel confident, acknowledged, and proud. The compliment could also be something like, “you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen!” If someone said that to someone else, I am sure the person they said it to would feel very special, not to mention gorgeous.

So, I encourage everyone to take a little extra effort and give someone a compliment. I am positive that it will put a smile on that person’s face. Like Mark Twain said, “I can live for two months on a good compliment.”