I believe in the Earth.

Lucy Cole - Murphy, North Carolina
Age Group: 65+
Themes: nature

I believe in the Earth. I believe that we have been given this planet as our home in some awe-inspiring experiment by our Creator. Somewhere in the beginning of time, a grand plan was initiated with the ultimate goal of creating, over time and space, the human race. Exactly how it began I doubt that we will ever fully understand, but it may be possibe in some future time, for our minds, the instrument with which we attempt this understanding, is as evolving as we ourselves. I believe in the presnt time the “how” does not matter. That it began, I have no doubt for we have developed as the Earth has developed.

As the Earth became inhabitable for mankind, mankind flourished because of the Earth. Our needs were provided, our wants satisfied as tiime flowed into endless time. The Earth provided as the Creator intended it should. The Earth has sustained us, nourished us, and brought joy to us with its natural beauty. I believe that on this Earth there are present all of the elements we need for health and happiness. It has always been up to us to use the body and mind we have been given to uncover these elements, discover their uses, and ascertain the combination of components that can benefit us.

I cannot comprehend it in all its complexity, but I believe there exists a Plan, an experiment of sorts, created so that the human life can attain its fullest potential We were meant to grow from the tiniest cell to a fully evolved being, by using the gifts of Earth put here for that purpose.

Had we not started wars, bullied others and satisfied selfish needs with more and highly creative toys, we would have used our intellectual talents to push the limits of our minds, learning how to use more of the resouces of the Earth so that it might offer us its broad promise, create a better world in which all of its inhabitants might live and flourish instead of only some. I believe that there is so much more to learn of Earth’s endowment, the solutions are there and it is our destiny to discover them. Technology, enhanced by the undiscovered promises of the natural world, would provide all of the world community a life of fulfillment. I believe we were given, along with life, everything and all, needed or required, to make our world a perfect place for ourselves and all mankind. I believe, to achieve this, we mustaccept the responsibility of due diligence in our lives and learn to walk in the paths of other.

I believe the Earth has a resolution to all of our queries if only we would seek them to the full extent of our abilities. I believe in the Earth.