Laughter

Tabatha - Jacksonville, Florida

What Do You Believe In?            I believe in laughter. Laughter is what makes me unique in every kind of special way that makes me. Laughter is what turns my bad days into good days and what makes me smile and laugh so hard around friends and family, to the point where it is contagious. I believe that laughter is like a breath of fresh air, which opens up my soul and makes me happy.             When I was a young child, seven years of age I loved going to school and being around my friends. Friends are what make us laugh when we have no one else to turn to. Everyday when it was play time, me and my friends would run to the tennis court and just laugh and joke. Wee mostly talked about boys and who we would like for us to be our valentine. In addition, we always used to write each other notes in class, and once we got outside to the playground we would read them and laugh so hard until we would cry. Then, after our thirty minutes of fun was up we had to get back to class, but never forgetting the laughter we shared with each other.             As I got older I moved up to middle school, where I found a new set of friends that I could laugh with and relate to. Even though we didn’t have playtime anymore like in elementary school, we did have physical education. In physical education, me and my new set of friends never forgetting my old friends, we always played basketball. Basketball is where we could really talk about really cute boys and how more mature they are in middle school. Every other day when we had physical education me and my friends couldn’t wait to go because we knew that was our only real free time that we had with each other. When we changed classes we would wait on each other, once we met up we talked and laughed the whole entire way to class, until more and more people thought the four of us were sisters. It was an amazing and great feeling to experience that every other day. We didn’t have lunch together, so the only time we saw each other was during physical education, before and after school. That is why I believe in laughter because I always had and will have something new to look forward to everyday.             Now that I’m older and more mature I still find that laughter is what makes me unique. In today’s world I find that more and more people don’t like to laugh or smile. But I still believe in laughter. If some people would just open up their hearts and let all anger go for at least five minutes, they will feel like a brand new person. Depression doesn’t run in my blood or in my mind because I now know that when I’m feeling down, good laughter can help me.  I and my family still believe in happiness and laughter, it’s what keeps the family together.             In conclusion, don’t let a bad or negative day get the best of you always keep laughter in your heart and a smile on your face.