Not Everyone Should Be Hurt By Adoption

Felecia - St. Joseph, Missouri
Themes: setbacks

Why punish the family for what their parents couldn’t do. Adoptive parents shouldn’t take kids away from their whole families. Not all are bad. More than 127,000 kids are adopted in the United States.

Adopted children sooner or later will figure out they are adopted and will want to meet their family. So if you don’t take the whole family away, they wouldn’t have to feel so lonely or what to know so much, and if the kids turned 18 years old they find out they are adopted they got to get a court order to see their adoption records. To find out whom there family members are.

Maybe at first their real family could act like their adopted parents friends of their mom or something. They won’t have to find out unless the parents are ready to tell them.

They even might forget about their old or biological family because maybe they don’t care, but no matter what family always cares. The family cares but some are not old enough to take them in to care for them.

Adoption hurts a lot more people than are planned to. I only think the parents should be punished not the rest of their families. Even if they have to lie about who they are to see their family even after being adopted.

Think about it—when the kids find out that they are really adopted it’s kind of like losing someone, and also affect other stuff. Learning you are adopted could make it hard to pay attention in school. They might wonder, if they look like there biological family and why they didn’t want to keep them in the first place, and what their relatives are like, many of these things could upset them. So they might feel like their lives are empty without their biological parents or without knowing anything about them. So why can’t they adoption parents still let them see some of their family? I don’t think it would be that bad. It might turn out good, they might not seem so lonely.

My three nieces got taken from my family and put into another. The other family adopted them, and we haven’t seen them since. I was 10 years old, and now I’m sixteen. They were my life. I feed them, took care of them, and got up in the middle of the night when they need someone or something. The oldest child was 5 years old, Her name was Faith. The middle child was 3 years old and her name was Hailey. The youngest was just a newborn, and her name was Ruthann. The adopted parents changed Hailey’s and Ruthann’s first names. Faith is now 11 years old, Hailey is now 9 years old and Ruthann is now 6 years old. It is very upsetting that I haven’t got a chance to see them. I would basically do anything to see them. So if they just let us, maybe our lives could be a little better to.