Power of Love

Brittney - Jacksonville, Florida
Themes: love

I believe in the power of love. Love or striving for what we love, is the driving

force which constantly moves us forward. Being in love, loving what you do, loving what

you see, and loving what you feel. A simple act of love can change someone’s life

forever. Love is a tree and from the tree grow branches which produce different fruits of

compassion, selflessness, sacrifice, kindness, mercy, forgiveness, understanding, grace and

patience. With one simple action of this small, yet powerful word, we can change the

world. In my experience life is a hard thing to fall in love with, but it’s all we have and worth it.

I love the way my mom smells and the sound of her voice when she sings. It takes me back to a time when life was innocent and sweet. It reminds me of when I was younger; I can remember being sick or having a bad dream. My mom would pick me up and rock me back to sleep while softly pushing my hair out of my tear stained face. As she did this she would sweetly sing “Que Sera Sera” or made up songs about me. I would fall back asleep in her arms, soaking, breathing, draining every ounce of love out of her that I could.

I love my family. A house is not a home but a family is. It’s a safe haven. When people fail me, when the world comes crashing down around me, home is the place to run to. The support system that my family creates, makes me feel strong when I’m weak, taking me through conflicts that I feel I can’t face, knowing that everyone at home has my best interest at heart, knowing I won’t be given the cold shoulder or lied to, being told that I’m doing something wrong and not treated with a “what’s in it for me” attitude. In my home is where I have learned the values and morals that I will carry on and teach to my children. Home is where I have been given the knowledge and understanding to face the world confidently.

I love the world around me. I love being able to sit back on a beautiful or seemingly awful day and take in what the world around me has to offer, It is a simple and humbling experience. The flowers blowing in the median as cars fly by, the clear blue sky that is so blue you want to fall into it, watching ants work diligently to survive, the sound of the waves as they crash into the thirsty golden sand beneath, listening to the wind chime as I swing on my grandmothers front porch, watching ducks swim calmly and methodically in the rain, and watching the aged leaves scurry weightlessly down the street as my dog tries to catch them in his mouth. Take the simple things in life and love them exactly for what they are. This I believe.