My Faith Is My Hope

Gloria - Raleigh, North Carolina
Themes: Christianity

Yesterday I was sitting in a service in Bedford, Virginia, where my son is one of the pastors. A video clip was played in the service of Penn receiving a Bible. I must say that this hit me like a ton of bricks. You see I am a Christian and seeing this clip inspired me even more to share what Christ has done in my life. I could tell you story after story how Christ has worked in my life, bu I will share one in particular that took place in May 2008. You see our son and his wife were expecting their third child and the pregnancy went great and everything looked normal. When the baby was born, she was blue and purple from not receiving proper oxygen. They rushed her from Lynchburg, VA to University of Charlottesville, VA. They found that she had (3) heart defects, one of which was the most rare. At 6 days old, they performed open heart surgery that lasted all day. Before surgery, the Neonatal Intensive Care Doctors allowed 10 of us to gather around her bed for prayer. Now to the miracle, you see we had no idea if our precious girl would make it through surgery. I wish you could hear the whole story (if interested, I can send it to you). There were people praying literally all of the country for this little girl. Not only did she come through the surgery fine, but the doctors are still in amazement at how well she recovered. They said that they knew our prayers had been ansewered. Today she is 8 months old and unless you see her scar on her chest, you would never know that anything was wrong with her. I say all that to say that, the video clip yesterday from Penn, makes me want to tell everyone I see about Jesus. I believe that hell is a real place and I do not want ONE soul to go there. I want everyone to know the Jesus that I know.