I Believe in Basketaball

Stephen - Sea Island, Georgia
Themes: sports

“I Believe in Basketball”

I believe in basketball. Not as a sport, but as a lifestyle. I believe in basketball because it provides the fundamental concepts and values for anyone. If one begins to play basketball as a child and continues to play it through an extended period of time, that person will be a well shaped individual. That person would both increase their athletic ability and their ability to play basketball. More importantly, learn the concepts of teamwork, leadership, determination, and hard work. To those who love basketball, it is more than stats or your team’s record, basketball is about the time you get to spend with your teammates. Teammates should be so close together that they view each other as a family. Being connected like this is so important because when they are on the court, they will be able to understand each other and anticipate each other’s next move. Once this is accomplished, they can take those concepts and apply them to different situations in their life. In basketball, people often get sped up. As a result of being sped up, those same people often make mistakes or take an ill advised shot. Good basketball players and control their emotion and abilities so they can focus. These players will not get sped up and they can control the situation. Another reason I believe in basketball is it gives me an opportunity to clear my mind. When I am playing on the court I only have to think of what all is going on- on the court. I don’t have to think about the other things that clog my mind. That actually helps me in basketball. If I can completely focus on the game, the better I will play. I will observe my surrounding and be more alert of what is taking place on the court. Basketball gives me a reason to work hard. I know that if I work hard in basketball I will be awarded. If I can get the same mid set for other situations I my life, say a job, I will be successful. Hard work is the most important virtue some one can have. Basketball, most importantly, teaches hard and other concepts that will strengthen one’s life.