I believe in Cheesecake

Rebecca - USA

I believe in Cheesecake

I believe in cheesecake. I believe in the numerous amounts of options for toppings that cheesecake can have. I believe in strawberries, my favorite cheesecake topping. I believe in the fact that, if handled correctly, an Oreo can make for a marvelous cheesecake ingredient. I believe in the way cheesecake makes me feel.

It’s common knowledge that people are always searching for that one fulfilling thing in life that will make them happy, whether it’s ‘true love’, or finding the best job and being the best at it. But we also know that the achievement of that life-fulfilling think we seek doesn’t always work out as we hoped. 47% of first marriages end in divorce, and it’s always easy to slip up and get yourself fired from that dream job you’ve been working so hard for. So, what then? How can we be happy after that one big thing that was supposed to make us happy just didn’t work out?

I believe in chopsticks. I believe that being able to use chopsticks is an overlooked art. I believe that the chopsticks are far more superior then the common fork. I believe that chopsticks make one look totally cool. I believe in the way chopsticks make me feel.

I’m not unlike everybody else. I do want to find that great love of mine, and have that job that I can be excited to go to every morning for the rest of my life. But I don’t expect that alone to give me happiness for the rest of my days. Not when I can find happiness so easily, every single day.

I believe in slippers. I believe in the way that slippers can transition you from complete discomfort because of cold to warm comfort within a matter of minutes. I believe in funky slippers that have huge animal heads on them. I believe in slippers and the way they can be worn in any season, warm or cold outside. I believe in the way slippers make me feel.

To me, life isn’t the search for what’s going to make me happy forever, but it’s a series of little moments in life composed of the small things that never fail to make me smile. It’s those things that can override those moments in the day when I just feel so frustrated I can kick a hole in the wall. Most would probably call me easily amused, and they’re probably right. But I don’t believe that a simple personality like mine is required to be able to see the joy that everyday life can bring. I believe that, if one just opened their eyes just a little bit more, they could see the little hidden pleasures in everyday life.

I believe in the simple things in life. I believe that cheesecake with a soft, delicate, buttery-graham-cracker can make a warm, sunny day seem all the nicer. I believe that chopsticks make food taste better, after expending so much effort to learn to eat with them. I believe that slippers are far more comfortable then normal shoes, and make the winter seem much less bleak. I believe that, no matter what, happiness can be found everyday, whether you’ve reached your life goal or not. I believe that it’s the simple things in life that can really give you that fulfilling happiness everyone seeks.