Escaping From Reality

Graham - Chicago, Illinois

Life is full of stress. Sometimes you need to escape from everything in any way you can. I believe that escaping from reality is an important part of life. When I want to get away from reality, I like to take a vacation. Even if it’s just a small vacation to Chicago, it helps to take some of the stress away because you don’t have to think about all of your responsibilities. When I can’t take a vacation or if I just need to relax for a little bit I listen to music. It helps me to forget about my responsibilities and takes my mind off of bad things.

My favorite place to go and relax is Hawaii. The last time I went to Hawaii was when I realized how much stress that I actually had and how important it was to get rid of the stress somehow. When I was there and I was listening to the waves and lying on the beach I forgot about all my stress and problems. It felt good to actually be able to think without any distractions or responsibilities. If I didn’t go on vacations sometimes I would be a completely different person.

I think that if people stopped working and worrying about things all the time then the world would be a lot better place. Especially these days when the economy is so bad, and everyone has so much stress. When people don’t take vacations or find ways to relax and enjoy themselves they can get so stressed out that they get sick or depressed. That’s why I think that it’s not just something that makes you happy, it’s also important to your health. Sometimes people find bad ways to escape from reality though, like drugs or alcohol. People should be able to get a good feeling from better things than mood altering substances. I will always make sure I take time to relax and get away for my whole life because I believe it is one of the most important things I can do for my good health.