Live a Moment

Cree - LaGrange Park, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in lying in the grass and thinking about both nothing and everything all at once. I believe in jumping out of a plane and feeling the pure adrenaline rush through my body. I believe in wishing for my heart’s desire on a single star in the night’s sky. I also believe that life passes by too quickly. But most of all, I believe in living in the moment.

Picture lying on a dock; it is a cool summer’s night and the chill of the breeze is making your hair stand up. You’re listening to the waves drifting gently back and forth and gazing up wonderingly at the dark sky filled with its glittering stars. These stars are not like anything you have ever seen; they are that of a light shinning through a sheet containing a bunch of tiny holes. It is so breathtaking that you have to take a second look just to take it all in. You just lay there. The feeling of momentary peace surrounds you; one without worries, expectations, stress, or frequent glances at a clock. You are enclosed in the present moment, nothing else matters.

For me this was my time of living in the moment, taking the time to sit back and be at peace. Living in the moment can be done by appreciating the simple things in life. Being able to take a train into the city and exploring all of the places that you’ve never been to before. Life passes too quickly to not spend some time getting caught up in the moment and enjoying what is happening. Sometimes it is good to plop down into the grass and look at the clouds slowly drifting by.

Life is about enjoyment and how can it be enjoyed if you don’t concentrate on what’s going on around you? Listen to your favorite song on repeat just to hear the lyrics that you love. Yell out of car windows with friends not thinking or caring about the consequences that can lie ahead. I will always believe of living in the moment, taking in everything around you and making memories and stories that will always be with you. Living only for that time and place. There will always be moments to think about the past or ponder the future, but the present is the most important time of all.