Make Your Life a Story Worth Telling

Cassi - Yorba Linda, California
Themes: carpe diem

“Make your life a story worth telling” is the motto i aspire to fulfill. When the day comes that I am old and sitting with my grandkids, I want to be able to look back on my life and smile. I wish to share with them unique stories and adventures; ones that will captivate them and leave them wanting more.

I believe that the world is our playground. Millions of people, places, and cultures fill this Earth and I believe that exposing yourself to these will only make your life better. Each time I have traveled somewhere new, I learn something. I learn their way of living and society. Sometimes it is rough how others live, but this only makes you more appreciative and grateful for what you have. When you think you are having a bad day, take a walk in someone else’s shoes.

I believe that we are all brothers and sisters. As a family, it is our responsibility to help each other when the other is in need. There are so many people out there who need help and yet no one will offer them a helping hand. As human beings, it is our job to reach our to others and comfort them. Not only could you change someone’s life, but you can change your own as well.

I believe in Ghandi’s words, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” So many times people sit back and wait for others to take action. That is not okay. If I feel like something is not right or I want to see something differently, I do my best to see it happens. If everyone sat around thinking that someone else will take initiation, how could anything get done? We wouldn’t be living in the type of society we live in today if it weren’t for our founding fathers making the changes they wished to see.

I believe in seizing opportunities. Life is full of surprises and has so much to offer. Whenever I get the chance to try something new, I take it. I think that trying new things and going new places makes life so fun and interesting. Taking a ride on a motorcycle or snorkeling in the Carribean are the little moments I live for.

I believe that one day, I can aspire others to live by this. I hope that I will pass this on to my children and their children. One day, I will share my stories and I will smile. I will look back and be proud of the life I have lived.