What doesn’t kill you, truly only makes you stronger

Elizabeth - Madison, Wisconsin

I believe in the saying “What doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger.”

My family has been nothing but trouble as long as I can remember. It has always seemed like everyone in my family have been knocked down by one another just like dominos. Since the start I have been hurt over and over again and I was never thankful for what I actually have; which is a great family. To some people that wouldn’t make any sense, but for me it’s everything

Day after day I have always had horrible things happened to me, all the way from forgetting my homework at home to my love ones relapsing several times. Although I never thought the day would come where I had the one person I trusted ripped out of my control. At one point I was being tossed around from family member to family member, but it never felt like anyone wanted me, but of coarse they did.

I think of my life like a set of stairs, each time something happens I am one step closer to the top. For me there must be a million steps. Although so many things have happened in my life, I feel like I truly become a better person from each horrible thing that happens. So no matter where or who you are in life, you deserve the best for you. And that certainly doesn’t mean the world’s best make up, maids or fancy houses; it means that you want to be emotionally stable and happy. You should want to have your bad days and your good ones. A life like this doesn’t take much, just a good personal trainer, meaning you.

Never ever look at your reflection and think the stereotype of your background. No one is ghetto just because they are African-American, no one who is Latino is the first to be pregnant, no Jew is the richest person in the community and for sure no one who has gone through multiple things in life is going no where. It takes almost nothing to become who you want to be. It just takes a little desire, hope and want and your there.

Like I said, think of your life like a set of stairs, encourage anything coming in and out of your life, whether it’s good or bad because then your just one step farther.