thoughts on love

Mike - Ellensburg, Washington
Themes: love

I always doubted myself. No matter how many times I was told it I never believed any of those words. Now that I look back they might’ve actually been true. I believe in the power of love and human compassion. Having already been engaged once already and having to call it off due to complications, I have felt that true power. Everyone in this world of ours is bound to find that one person who will make their day. The one that will make their heart glow. I found mine and it all fell apart. Still I believe in the power of love.

Throughout school I was always reminded that I was nobody, and coming from a military family I never got to hang onto many friends. So of course I believed them. The few friends I actually had kept telling me no don’t believe them. They are just jealous that you have friends who love you and they don’t. Still no comfort was felt. This happened from elementary school all the way until graduation day. I am now a freshman in college and just realizing that maybe everyone does have people who love them.

The only problem with love is the word itself. It gets thrown around so often that people are starting to forget what it really means. I am a strong believer in the fact that you truly love someone if you would give your life to save theirs. I would personally give my life for any of my friends or family. I love them with all my heart and will never change that. For everyone out there who says they love someone after knowing them or dating them for two months or so. I don’t quite buy that. There is no such thing as love at first sight, that my friend is called lust. Love takes time, caring, understanding, and frustration. If somehow you manage to find love without even just one of those factors them I salute you and want to congratulate you on a job well done. So all in all I am a strong believer in love all around, whether it’s for your family and friends or if it simply is for life itself.