Believe in something, anything

Alyse - Kane, Pennsylvania

I believe that you should be at peace with yourself. You are you; there is no escaping, changing or denying it. Why go through life wanting to change what you can’t? You have to embrace it, and nurture yourself. Make yourself who you want to be.

I believe that you should do what makes you happy. Believe what you want, travel where you want, discover what you want. Live your life to its capacity, overflow it if you can.

You often hear the phrase “forgive and forget”. I believe that it is important to forgive, but never forget. There is too much to learn to push things aside to be forgotten, no matter the connotation of the memory.

I believe it is important to listen. To listen and absorb, then muddle through the mess in your head and sort out all that you’ve heard. Analyze it, rethink it, challenge it; most of all, learn from it.

I believe that you never fully know. There is always another perspective to see from, always a second side to a story, always more to know. You learn and learn from the day you are born until the day you die. And, at the end, you’ve barely dipped your toes in the water.

I believe that life is what you make it, and what it is supposed to be. You make the decisions that are right for you. You live your own life, deal with and solve your own struggles; no one else can truly do it for you. Life unfolds how it is supposed to, good or bad everything has its purpose.

I believe family is a crucial bond. There is no better way to learn about yourself, where you came from, and where you may or may not want to be. There is a connection that is felt with no one else; a deep relationship in which conversations and motivations go farther than you’d imagine they could. I believe that family, and your relationship to it shapes your entire being, and your entire life.

I believe that there is no such thing as embarrassment. People are all the same beings. You should be proud of what you do, what you have, and who you are. You should be proud of other people, in both their accomplishments and failures; just as you should your own.

I believe that I am only 16, and ignorant. I believe that I am young, and have a lot of things to discover, people to meet, and events to overcome. I also believe that what I have learned already, and am continuing to learn has put me on the path to where I want to be; and on the path which I am currently traveling, and I have learned to love it.

I believe that none of these things are truly my own ideas, only my ideals. They are mixed and skewed with things I have heard from other people I admire, and advice I have taken. I believe that when I am through with my life, I will be able to say something of my own, which is just as moving, and as inspirational.