I believe in friends being true, honest, loving, and real.

Kelsey - Saint Simons Island, Georgia

True friends are hard to find. Ralph Waldo Emerson once said that: “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” When I was born, I was born with friends: my mom, dad, my older sister, and my whole other family. Yes, so I guess you can say that’s when my belief about friendship started. I remember how easy it was when I was just a little girl to make friends. I could say hey to someone I just met in my kindergarten class and instantly we were best friends and running around together. The first day of school I was draw to a certain group of people, today they are still my best friends. They are true to me. I can tell them problems and they will understand and support me. They know secrets about me that no one else knows. I can remember meeting one friend in daycare. My dad took me into the room and sat me down by a girl named Tialana who was playing with puzzles. I started playing with her and before she moved three years ago, we were still best friends. When I was little it just seemed so easy to be someone’s best friend. Everyone wanted to be everyone’s friend. There was really no fighting, just who was the Kooty King and Kooty Queen in Kooty tag.

It seems that everywhere i am planted, I make at least one good friend. At Frederica Academy, the school I attend, I have J Henry and Annie, at Brogens North, where I work, I have Kelly, Chase, Lindsie, and Shelby, at my old elementary school, Saint Francis Xavier School, I am still best friends with Jessica, Kate, and Ansley. I also have many other really close friends at the other local high school, Glynn Academy. In my opinion, it seems that the boys and girls that I was acquaintances with when I was little and young are the best ones, that’s not true. Friends come and go.

In my words, the definition of true is reliable and faithful. Honest means that one is marked by or displays integrity, and is not deceptive or fraudulent. Affectionate and indicative of or exhibiting love means loving; real means that that someone is genuine, authentic, and ideal. A friend that displays all of these qualities would have to be a one of a kind person. I would be lucky to be able to say I had a many of true friends that I stay with throughout my life.