Time is all too Important

Briana - Pflugerville, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

I believe in time, and using every moment of it. Time is one of many precious things that we posses. It lets us make mistakes and it gives us a chance to fix them. Truthfully, it is up to yourself to use it to your best ability.

All my life, my mom has told me that my time being a kid is special, and that I should not be in a rush to grow up. I think now I’m just starting to realize what she is talking about. We are given time being a kid for a reason, so that we have an opportunity to learn and grow. Some people don’t think that way though. They want to rush and be an adult, so that they can finally do anything they want because now they’re of age. Yes, that stuff sounds good now, but there is much more to it than that. So you should be patient, time is in your hands, and it will come.

“Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” This quote by Harvey Mackay is the prefect thing to refer to whenever you think about time. It says that time is in you hands and that you can us it whenever you please. Once it is gone though, you can’t get it back. When reading this quote, it also makes time seem like money, which is true. You’re not able to keep it in a piggy bank or in a box that’s in your closet, but you are able to spend it.

If you think about, time is sometimes the only thing we have to show for your hard work. Like when doctors spend about seven to ten years in college, just so that they can get their degree. Other times when you have been interning at place for so long. All of these things contribute to the bigger and better things that you will have a chance to do in the future. Though, if it wasn’t for that time you had to spend doing things that are not very enjoyable you wouldn’t be in the good spot you are now. It really depends on how dedicated you are to being successful, and if you truly have the drive.

When you feel that you could do anything, all that’s left to do is take the time and work towards that dream. “Declare today ‘sacred time’- off limits to everyone, useless invited by you. Take care of your personal wants and needs. Say no, graciously but firmly, to others’ demands.” This thought tells you to be selfish with your time for once. Do whatever you please at that moment, and be sure to have no regrets. Also be sure that you are not letting anyone control how you spend you time.

Be sure to take risk, be happy, and blame no one for your mistakes. Just have fun spending you life the right way, and meet new people along the way. You never know when you time might be up, and you don’t want to ask yourself; what do I have to show for it?