True Love At Any Age

Dallas - Bothell, Washington
Themes: love

True love, like many things, is everywhere. A lot of times, most people don’t even know it’s there. It’s just waiting for them to meet the right person. For some, the time is earlier than others, or sometimes later.

A couple years ago, my grandfather had had is second divorce. He took that time and got himself healthy and back in shape. He lost 75 lbs and just recently had a date with a really nice woman. You know what they say, third time’s a charm. My grandpa is happier than I have ever seen him. But on the other hand, people find love while going through their “mid-life crisis” (which can start from the age of 26- 55).

My mom is 36 years old, has two children. Her oldest is 15 (me), her youngest is two (his name is Aiden, and it shows that he’s two). My mom fell in love with my little brother’s dad about four years ago. After being divorced from my dad for fourteen years, and going through boyfriend after boyfriend, one of her closest friend’s brother had moved to Washington from Texas. It was truly love at first sight. A few months later, he moved in with us, and we got a puppy. Shortly after, my mom received her acceptance letter to Bel- Rea. There is only one in the U.S.A. which happens to be in Denver, Colorado. My mom, my brother’s dad, and I moved to Colorado. We could not find an apartment so my mom sent me to live with my aunt. 8 months after, my mom couldn’t deal with the separation from me. So, she put her schooling on hold, packed everything up, and moved back up t Washington. Year and a half later- had our own apartment, and mom was pregnant. September 7, 2006: My brother was born. And boy, was he the center of attention. But during my mom’s pregnancy, the father of my brother was always telling her how beautiful she looked; even if her stomach looked like a balloon (people called her prego and waddles). I just watched in awe, wishing I would someday have a love like that.

I’ve had my own heartbreaks and times where I was the heart breaker, as most teens have been. I’ve been cheated on, lied to, made felt like I was on top of the world, and I’m sure most teenagers have been through that. But none of the relationships felt like they would go anywhere, until I met Jordan in the seventh grade. We had clicked in friendship immediately. Up until summer of 2008, he and I were nothing more than friends. He felt bad for missing my birthday that summer. So, he invited me to his house for dinner. After I left, I felt this swelling of happiness in my heart. Couple days after I had gone to his house, I was sincerely missing Jordan. I called him and was immensely overjoyed. I realized in that moment, I was in love with Jordan. Week later, I asked him out. That was almost seven months ago. We’re still together, and it actually feels like this relationship will go places, through thick and thin, sunny or cloudy.

Whether you’re fifteen, or eighty, true love is out there waiting for you to meet the right person. Just keep your heart open so true love can find its way in. You can’t find true love by yourself. True love will find you. I believe in true love at any age.