BELIEVE IN YOUR DREAM

ASHLEY - CHESTERFIELD, Missouri

Some people always say to dream big, but when you tell them your big dreams, they become unsupportive and think that you’re crazy. I completely believe that everyone should dream big because if you don’t dream or have ambition, you will never go anywhere in life.

My dream is to go to Pepperdine University for law school. Pepperdine University is a smaller college right in the middle of Malibu, California and is across the street from the most beautiful beach in the entire world. Over the summer, my family visited California. I can clearly remember driving through Malibu, when all of a sudden, I saw one of the most beautiful buildings; I finally realized that it was a school; the smell of the salt water, the sound of the smooth ocean waves, and the feel of the gentle wind in my hair. Driving down the roads shaped by the hill; that was the very first time that I had ever seen Pepperdine, but I knew right away that this was the place for me. One thing that I like the most about Pepperdine is that it is very prestigious college, and almost everyone that goes there ends up being very successful and rich.

Another part of my big dream is to become a lawyer. Now, this might sound kind of weird, but I love to argue when I have a point to make. This is only one of the many reasons that I want to be a lawyer. Another reason I want to be a lawyer is so that I can help people fix their problems. Even though I’m not sure what kind of lawyer I want to be, I know that I want to do something to help people have a better life.

I know that most people world say that this is really snobby and selfish to say, but another part of my dream is to become wealthy. I would earn my money by working really hard. The real reason that I want to become rich is to be able to support my family and give my children everything that they want in the world to make them have the best childhood possible.

One day, when I was 12, I was thinking about what I wanted to be when I grow up. I thought of multiple questions, “Which professions make the most money?”, “Which profession took the most schooling?”, and “Which professions get the most respect?” I could only come up with one; a lawyer. I knew that, that was what I wanted to do when I grow up.

I truly believe that having big dreams are really important. My dream is a mountain, had to get to the top, but it’s worth all of the hard work. Some people might say that my dream is impossible to reach, but if I don’t have a dream it will never come true.