Tara - USA

“My life is destroyed, I said to myself it’s destroyed” I kept saying that to myself. When I saw the terror through my eyes I jumped with fear. I couldn’t believe what I had just seen. I thought it was just a vision, but it was real.

“Mom, mom granny fell,” I told her. My Auntie picked up the phone and dialed 911 in tears. I heard loud sirens rushing down the street. I ran to see if my grandma was fine. I turned, to my left and saw tears in my cousin’s eyes; that day I thought my grandma was going to die.

I have failed to realize that people don’t take enough time to get to know people before its too late. People don’t realize that we don’t have that much time in our world to get to know everyone. Those you do know you should get to know them better before it’s too late. I believe that we should take advantage of time to get to know our family members better before it’s too late.

As I stepped into the door, I heard nothing but crying coming from the room within. My mom’s eyes were clouds, full of tears. As I dropped my bags, I ask my Uncle Sammy was had happened and he said” Uncle Melvin died in the hospital last night”

I felt as if my life was gone; my life will never be the same.

When I looked to my left I saw my grandma’s eyes and it looked as if her face was raining with tears. I thought to myself” my uncle is gone forever; he’s gone forever. I couldn’t scream because I knew it wasn’t going to help. I cried with grace.

As I saw a flashback of my uncle’s body, my heart began to stop; it was a relief. From that day on I have realized that sometimes you have to take advantage of time before it’s too late.

When these experiences happened to me, they made a big impact on my life. It made me look at life differently. I believe that we should take advantage of time before it’s too late.

When my great uncle died and my grandma fell it made me realized that they aren’t going to be around forever. They are going to die someday. So before its too late get to know the side of your family you don’t know better.