Good Humor Makes a Good Day

Alex - Fairhaven, Massachusetts

When I’m mad I have a serious face and don’t think that much of anything is funny. However, little kids always have the power to beat that anger. This antidote is telling a knock-knock joke. Even when I’m at my worst a simple joke is all that’s needed to cheer me up, at least for a little while. Jokes have a good way of doing this and they always help me. I believe in hearing, reading, and telling at least one joke every day.

A good knock-knock joke breaks the ice and spreads happiness. Finding pleasure in simple things is a great way to go about living life. Life is too short to live in anger or sadness. Any moment that isn’t spent feeling good is a waste of a moment. When happiness is found in little things, life has the potential to be great. Knock-knock jokes bring back the pleasure we experienced as young children. This innocent happiness is unmatched by anything else. Laughing is the elixir of life.

Finding happiness in simple things is not limited to knock-knock jokes, though. Other examples are watching the sunset and listening to the birds sing. These simple things bring the happiness that makes life worth living. These take the pain out of a stressful day. It is good to take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Knock-knock jokes don’t take long and are not a burden to listen of them. They take a few seconds of time and can impact your whole day. Not only that, but knock-knock jokes can be about anything. I am sure that there are hundreds of thousands of knock-knock jokes out there.

I live my life by telling jokes and looking for little pleasures that will make one smile. It is humbling to know that I can be responsible for making someone’s day better. Life would be better if everyone could take the time to hear a knock-knock joke. “Knock knock! Who’s there? Goat. Goat who? Goat to the door and find out!”