Changes in my Life

Quetta - St.Louis, Missouri

It’s really amazing how much one class can change you so much. If everyone in the world would just take a week every month to go to a class maybe our world wouldn’t be so messed up. Leadership really helped me to make smart decisions in my life because stuff that I do now can affect my future and dreams.

During first trimester and part of second trimester at school I went to a leadership group every Wednesday. We talked about our day, our problems, and how to handle those problems in a positive way. Mrs. M the leadership teacher, helped us get down to the bottom of our situation or what we can do to prevent it from happening. This leadership class really helped me to change my outlook about things, yet negative things that I though turned to positive thoughts.

One day our leadership group where going on a fieldtrip. The fieldtrip was called Empowering Young Women. This fieldtrip was to help us young women believe in ourselves so that we can do anything in life if we put our minds to it. During the course of the day, me and one of my friends went to our last class we had been to two other classes before that. In the class we wrote lyrics to an inspirational song. On our way out this girl starts to talk about everybody she says “Look at her she got a mustache” while purring at the girl standing next to me.” The girl, quiet and shy, said nothing to the girl. I didn’t either even though I knew how much the girl hurt inside, I could see it in her eyes. Head is dropping, and eyes watching as I stared at the sad girl. I thought to myself she doesn’t have any right talking about anyone. Aren’t we supposed to be leaders, not childish? Then we sat down and ate and her and her friends walked by and started to giggle, I didn’t say anything that time either. I went into the bathroom and came out and she bumped into me. That was the last straw, I was about to knock her out like Ike did Tina in the movie “What Love Got to Do with It”. Then I realized that she wasn’t worth all the trouble. There is going to be a lot of people I am going to want to knock out, but I will have leadership in mind, and the day I wanted to knock that girl out so bad. I also now before something I think about it first and ask these questions. Will there be consequences? How will this/that solve the problem? Will the problem get solved by doing the wrong thing? Is it even worth my time or concerns?

I am saying that I Believe no matter how hard something is in life that people can change. Change is something that everyone in our world needs and hopefully wants. Today many people don’t believe in their selves. Leadership changed me how come it can’t change you