This I believe

Joel - Camp Verde, Arizona

I believe in God. My entire life revolves around this belief. It is the driving force that makes

me do the things I do, and act the way I do. God leads my steps in the direction I walk on a daily

When I was a young boy, my understanding of this almighty being was much different than it

has come to be today. My mom would have me go to church and listen to the preacher yelling

down at us, but I might as well have been listening to a Chinese auctioneer. I knew only of what

she said about Him.

It wasn’t until I hit a mature age that I could listen to the preacher and learn to understand it

all. Once I settled in and listened with an open heart, I truly understood. My eyes were opened.

The feeling of knowing that He is always by my side gives me strength on a day-to-day basis.

And it is not just the strength that I have received, faith, love, understanding, and many more

attributes have come along, too.

God is the creator of heaven and earth. He is everywhere, all the time. Some people may ask

and wonder if he really exists. “Well you can’t see him. How do you know he is really there?”

some people will question. Well, how do you know electricity and oxygen are real? You can’t

see them. You just know that they are there because that is what your faith tells you. You can

feel them and their presence. Faith is what tells you that when you put your key in the ignition

and turn it, the car will turn on. So even if you don’t believe, everyone still has faith.

The role that He plays in everyone’s life is different. But everything that happens in this

world is controlled by God. His hand is in every little happening that goes on, from a plant

growing to the birth of a young child. And the way I think is that if I am wrong I have lost

nothing because I have lived a good life, and if I am right, I have gained everything and an

eternal life.