Positive Thinking

James - San Marino, California

Positive Thinking

I believe in the power of positive thinking and what it can do to improve our lives. Last year, while I was playing soccer, another player drilled me in the ankle. You could say it was a tough break. The ankle was broken and required surgery. Despite this, I fully expected to make a full recovery and be back playing competitive sports again. I told myself to deal with the pain and that it would soon be over.

When the accident happened, I convinced myself that it just a bad bruise and that the pain would go away eventually. On the way to hospital, I hoped that it was just a bad sprain and not a fracture. The doctors told me they needed to set the ankle back in place. I told myself I would take the pain and be glad that I probably would not have surgery. But, x-rays showed that one little bone was out of place and I needed surgery. But by then, my body was shocked, I was tired, and my mind could not think. Nevertheless, with a positive mindset, I made an excellent recovery, kept my grades up, and did not let it bring me down.

What I’m trying to say is a positive mindset helps with everything in life such as tragedies, social life, school, and sports. And the mindset helps people get ahead in life because they never let it bring them down. Actually, positive thinking is proven to make people live longer, helps people’s immune system, and makes people feel better about themselves. If you just try and have a positive mindset, you don’t know where you might end up and it is something everyone should try and live by.