Really Living

Olivia - San Diego, California
Themes: carpe diem

Really Living

Some people go their whole lives scared of dying, they are so scared of dying they never actually start to live. Over the past week I lost two people, although I wasn’t very close to either of them their deaths impacted me profoundly. It made me realize how much I really value life. I believe in living my life to the fullest because you never know what’s going to happen from one day to the next.

Live every day like it’s your last. Tell your family you love them. Tell your mom you’re sorry for not helping her around the house. Tell your friends what you’re really thinking. Be brutally honest… unless you know you can get away with a little white lie. Figure out who you are and don’t be scared to let your freak flag fly. Cry if you need to cry, try and laugh every day. Sometimes all you need is an emotional catharsis to make you feel better. Don’t hold back release your inhibitions. Don’t be scared to try new things because how bad could they be? Never leave room to wonder “what if”. If you have a once in a lifetime opportunity take it! It doesn’t matter what others think as long as you love yourself unconditionally. Don’t let people tell you who you are or how to live your life. Don’t stop trying to do something you really believe in. Love people and share what you have even if it’s nothing. If you think your mom would tell you no, then you should definitely do it. Life is completely fair it’s up to you how you interpret it. Look to the future, but don’t lose focus of the present. Try your hardest to attain your dreams. Never settle for less then what you want. Don’t sweat the little things, and in the bigger scheme of things let’s face it, everythingis little.

It’s never too late to start living. Every one dies at some point or another so I think that should be the least of anyone’s worries. So don’t be scared to take risks because no matter what happens you’ll end up with a cool story and great memories. I value life, but I’m not scared to die because I know I have really lived. These are the guidelines for my life, and this I believe.