Create a New Education System

Kurt - Kagel Canyon, California

teach values in each area of life/society not just in each and every school. It would bring about a truly GREAT SOCIETY!

Many families spend a lot of time, care, and attention on nurturing values in their children. They do it the best way they know how given all of the other challenges that they are dealing with – we can supplement this. We can educate their children in the various character qualities for a wonderful and fulfilling life.

CONTACT your local Superintendent and/ Board member NOW! Focused on evolving our society from violent and self-centered to caring, kind, and sharing. Aristotle, the Greek philosopher once said that, “The best way to teach morality is to make it a habit with children.”

I propose that we dramatically enhance character development through societal education. Societal education includes all levels of society and draws forth from the people the innate values of each person. Theodore Roosevelt wrote, “To educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”

There are character traits that all people could easily support. We would truly transform our society through education into a continuance of a QUALITY CULTURE. We would have less violence, an improvement of academic scores, and less social ills. G.K. Chesterton wrote, “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” What kind of a soul experience would we like to pass on to the next generation? How do you wish to spread the idea? Obviously, begin with your modeling quality character traits. Pay It Forward!

Do you feel that it should be a component in all schools? Could we design a task force similar to what John f. Kennedy did for landing on the moon? We could develop a Culture of Learning Character program for sharing with ALL educators and sectors of society, at all levels. Keep the focus on the higher reasons for living and education, developing our future compassionate leaders, and conscientious and wise followers.

How can you help?

The American President Kennedy once stimulated America to a greater vision for society. He stimulated the creation of the Peace Corps and the landing of people on the moon. Abraham Lincoln wrote, ”He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help.” I invoke your help. Let’s focus our efforts on creating a better society by bringing our focus to drawing forth character qualities in everyone. This may be done through the full inclusion of character education throughout the curriculum of our education systems AND throughout the entire society.