Love.

Brianna - boca raton, Florida
Themes: love

I believe in the power of love, everyone should. I remember being four or five, and setting up chairs in a long row, putting on wedding dresses with my friends, and all my mothers expensive jewelry, which she was never happy about. I remember thinking, waiting, wishing that I would one day find love. That I would be able to have that one special day I had always imagined.

So a couple of years went on in life, everyone got older, we stopped pretending to have weddings and started attending them; cousins, aunts, family friends, left and right people were getting married. Getting ready to go to them were some of the happiest days of my life. I always found pleasure admiring the brides’ beautiful gowns, and laughing at how they had picked the ugliest shade of purple, or green for their bridesmaids.

I think the reason I have grown up loving weddings so much is because my parents got divorced when I was at such a young age. I never experienced what love was like first hand. Then, all of a sudden, my mother met someone else. Five years later, they were engaged. Wedding plans left and right, honeymoon booking, cake tastings, you name it, I was helping her plan it. The day I watched my mother walk down the aisle, was the day I actually realized what love is.

Love is a four letter word. Technically, it’s defined as “a profoundly tender and passionate affection for another person.” but in reality, love is so much more than that. Love is about finding the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, and that never changing. Love is about having fights, and arguments, since nobody is perfect. Love is about doing things for another person that you care so much about, you feel as if you would do anything for them if they needed it. Love involves honesty, trust, commitment, passion, and patience, some of the most important qualities you can have as a person.

The day that I realized what love was, I was determined. I wanted to find that love that my mother had found. The love that reaches over the stars, and makes anything seem possible. Little did I know it is not that easy.

On my mission to find love, I had a few speed bumps, and it took a couple of years to find my first true love, and wow, it was as amazing as I thought it would have been. Getting butterflies, spending every moment with one another, thinking about each other all the time. Falling in love is probably the greatest part of love.

However, being unaware of how long my love would last for this boy I had fallen for, I was very vulnerable. I laid my heart and soul on the line with everything I did for him. However, as they say “all good things must come to an end,” and this was no exception. In the end, I experienced my first broken heart.

What I found out through love, is you live and you learn and nothing is going to be what you imagined it to be. However, even though I went through one of the most heart wrenching parts of life alone, I made it out alive, and I am still looking for that true kind of love. Maybe someday in the near future I’ll find it, even if it takes me many, many years. I believe in love because it is one of the most powerful forces on this earth, love can bring people together, and just as easily tear people apart. For some people, love may just be a four letter word; but to others, it can mean the world.