To Improve

Zachary - Idaho Falls, Idaho

Abraham Masalow once said” if you deliberately plan on being less you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life.” I have gone to school for ten years and not a year goes by where I do not try at school. I try just enough to get B’s and B-‘s but I never try to get A’s, the really high grades. My mom is always telling me,” Think how much better you could do if you applied yourself.” Am I being deliberate?

I think I am being deliberate because recurrently I’m taken aside by parents and told to bring my grades up. Two days go by and my grades are up, but that’s for show for my parents another day goes by and my grades go down again. I hear the same thing from all of my teachers and parents, “You could do so much better if only you try” so now the question is why you would purposefully be less?

Well there’s hardly any reason except one for why you should be less than you really are, I mean take a second and think how do I benefeit from being less, I don’t get money or happiness I get nothing, so why? Well because I’m human and humans are naturally lazy. That is the only reason why I am doing not so good in school and it is not a very good reason. So is being human the only reason? There’s absolutely no reason why I should be doing bad in school and being human isn’t that good of a excuse but it’s the only reason.

A great man named Abraham Masalow once said “ If you deliberately plan on being less you’ll be unhappy for the rest of your life” I have been deliberately less the whole time, but that doesn’t mean I’ll be unhappy for the rest of my life because it is not to late to turn things around and improve my life so that I lead a successful career.