Be Creative

Cassie - Clyde Park, Montana

I believe that writing creates a stronger imagination. By writing ideas and thoughts down on paper you can let your story build and run wild. Telling a story aloud your words can get caught up and twisted so the story does not flow. But writing words down on paper creates a whole new aspect where the story can go. By writing a story down with the thoughts that are jumping out of your head you can run with your story and not worry if it makes sense. On paper words can always be erased and changed later.

When your imagination has room to wander and create new ideas your story has no limitations. I enjoy listening to young kids tell stories. They can go on and on about whatever they are talking about and embellish their story to the point of no return. They can let their imagination take control and then their story takes flight. You never really know where a young kid’s story will end. To me that is what writing does. It lets your mind open up and it lets words flow to let your imagination take control.

It is amazing how powerful your imagination can be. Take Dr. Sues, my favorite author. I love to read the Dr. Sues books and just imaging how he could have possibly come up with some of the ideas he came up with. He is proof that writing creates imagination. He has one of the most creative mind that can take an off the wall events and create a whole new world that catches everyone’s attention.

Imagine how boring and simple life would be like without writing. There would be no Dr. Sues, there would be no surreal life stories, and there would be no imagination. It is important that everyone tries out their imagination on paper. You never know what your mind may think up. This is what I believe.