Amanda - Idaho Falls, Idaho

Everyone has something or someone important that they believe in. To me, the most important thing that I believe in is God. I used to seriously doubt that he existed, but now I don’t question my never faltering faith in God.

When I was younger I always questioned the existence of God. I couldn’t understand how one being could be so powerful and strong, and how it could hear everyone pray. But above al how could it, or he be mighty enough to create what we now know as the world. To me, it simply didn’t add up. All while I was growing up I always told people that I did believe in God, Jesus and the Bible, but every Sunday when I was sitting in church I would always think “God are you really there? Or are we doing this for no reason at all?” I couldn’t wrap my mind around something so intangible.

Now, I have no problem believing in the intangible things, like God. I am still completely baffled as to how someone or something could be so powerful, but I do not question it anymore.

I am not sure what made me stop questioning the existence of God, but it happened one day in church when I was still questioning his existence and wondering if there was a point to church. I figured that if God doesn’t exist Jesus would not have been sent to earth in the first place, and the bible and Christianity would not exist. Hence, God must exist.

Once I came to this realization, I felt almost overwhelmed with reassurance that there was something out there that I could believe in and like the bible says love me no matter what or how many wrongs I might execute.

In conclusion, everyone has someone or something extremely important to them that they believe in. To me, the most important thing that anyone could believe in is God. As quoted from the Song of Solomon: “Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.” Gods love for us will never die.