Cheyenne - Idaho Falls, Idaho

In life, peope have friends that come and go quickly and friends that can stay a long time. Some even have those friends who leave marks on their life and leave memories that will last forever. For me, it is my Best friend, Karli.

I first met Karli when we were four years old and i had just moved into my new house. Her family had come to welcome us and they were in the backyard with my dad. I was standing in my garage when all of the sudden, Karli comes tearing through the garage and past me because she was so terrified of my big, yellow Lab, Rusty. she stopped at the edge of the driveway, backed up, we looked at each other, and finally I said, “Hi!” we have been inseparable ever since. we would spend every day together when we were little and even though we have moved and go to different schools now, we are still just as close. We still have slumber parties and although some poeple think we are too old, we still play little games like monopoly that can go untill 6 in the morning because we never play by the rules. We are now both 14 but we are still just as good of friends as we were when we were 4.

For some reason, in the midst of all our fun, someone always seems to get hurt. There have been bumps, bruises, scratches, cuts, blood, sprained wrists and ankles, a broken foot, stiches, and tons of band aides! Our family have told us that we broke our heads together a long time ago but we don’t care because we are always ourselves together.

Karli and I understand each other. When i am happy, she is happy with me, when i am mad, she cools me down, when i am sad, she cheers me up, and she always makes me laugh. Karli is always there for me and i am always there for her.

I believe that everyone should have many friends, and i am not saying that there is only one best friend for everyone. I just believe that there is one person who understands you completely and will always be there for you. A best friend is not the friend that you have known the longest, get along best with, or have the most fun with, but they are the person that feels like they have known you your whole life because they know you so well. They are the ones who even if they are so mad at you, they will still love you and have your back. They are the ones who will have fun with you no matter where you are or what your doing or how you feel. A best friend is the friend who has become part of you.