Life is Unjust in Many Ways

Shaun - Idaho Falls, Idaho
Themes: setbacks

All the time people are saying “That’s not fair”. Life in general isn’t fair It never was and it never will be fair. There are some good things about life not being fair. For example when things get hard you see a completely different view of a persons true personality. So although it may seem bad at the time you’ll be happy you got to know people better. Another thing that people have to learn s that nothing worth having comes free. It’s much more rewarding to finally get something in life that you actually had to work hard for.

When I think of how life isn’t fair or that nothing worth having comes free I think of when I was a little kid. I was always sick when I was younger. By the time I was ten I had been to the emergency room numerous times for meningitis, asthma, and many other sicknesses. Having asthma has made me have to work even harder than most kids, especially in sports. Since I like to play many sports I have had to do a lot of extra running and take breathing medication just to be able to do things that I love and other normal kids do. My brother was also a sickly child. His asthma was and still is much worse than mine. But from having to battle with many sicknesses it has built work ethic for both me and my brother.

So as my story goes, I still do not think life is fair. It never has been and it never will be. I still believe nothing comes free that’s worth having either. However, I do believe that everything in life happens for a reason. From all the sicknesses that both my brother and I have had, having to deal with them taught both my brother and I that going the extra mile and working hard has its benefits and will make things easier in the long run. I still wish I didn’t have asthma just because of all of the complications that come with it and that it is a hassle to take all the medication for it. But by having asthma I am happy that I could gain something out of it.