Change Isn’t Always a Bad Thing

Hailey - Idaho Falls, Idaho
Themes: change

Change Isn’t Always a Bad Thing

About two months ago, I was sitting in our living room with my mom, my dad, and my three sisters, Kelsey, Sara, and Kayla when my mom said “Okay everyone, Kelsey is going to have a baby.” Thoughts started running through my mind like crazy. “What does this mean for everyone else?” “What in the world was she thinking?” “This wasn’t supposed to happen!” It was all so much to take in at once. Then I heard my mom say that Kelsey was going to be living at the house for a few more years because she was planning on keeping the baby and the father wasn’t in the picture. When I heard this I exploded and tears started streaming down my face. Being the third child and Kelsey being the oldest, we had always butted heads and I wanted her out of the house. I did not want my life to change, especially not because I was soon to be an aunt.

However, I learned that change isn’t always a bad thing and sometimes it’s even a great thing. I have grown to accept the fact that in six months there will be a little baby living in the same house as me and even though that baby hasn’t been born yet, I already love it with all my heart. One thing that I have gained from this situation is that I have grown closer to Kelsey. Now not only is she my sister, she is also a friend to me that I trust with multiple problems in my life. Even though it can be viewed as a bad situation, I have gained several things from it.

Because of everything that has happened in my home in the past fifteen years, I have become the person I am today. With all of the problems that have occurred I have come to believe that change isn’t always a bad thing. It can be rough, but in the end its usually worth it.