Hold your dreams

Joseph - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: carpe diem

“Hold your dreams”

I am a maverick. Not in the sense of rebellion, just a wanderer with a no affiliation to one group or a place. My travels have taken me from Virginia to Japan. Never spending more than a few years in one place and no matter where I traveled I see the something. People stuck in the regimented lives dictated by society.

Everyone I meet has aspiration, yet they hear, “You can’t go to college, you’re dumb, you won’t amount to anything.” Why do people let others convince them that we are nothing?

I met a man who loves the out doors, he dreamed of becoming a Forrest Ranger. Cool right? He unfortunately is between jobs, no education and barley surviving on minimal wage. He has the brain to get his degree, he is smart. If he would only take that chance and reach for something. I met another man in Japan. A very talented football star, he dreamed of playing for Florida State. In stead of taking his dream he fell to peer pressure from his coaches and took steroids. He could have asked for help or called the cops. I also had a chance to me a girl who lived in the high desert of America. She desperately wanted to travel to Europe. The attraction of the culture, food, and history, but she never went. She could just taken a risk, gone with a friend and taken one step.

Why couldn’t they fallow there dream? Have we as a society pressed upon them that unless you were perfect in school, church, or in society you were not privilege to obtain your dreams.

Just once think, dream, and plan for yourself. Out of the blue board a plane, take a trip, it really does not matter what you take.

It is the Journey that depicts the experience.

I was one of these individuals who let life erode upon me life’s expectations. I became a sand particle along a beach. Numbered like anybody else. Until I found “the spark.” The fire burning within myself to leave my bubble and embrace life. I am now in college pursuing my dream of becoming an Astrophysicist.

I took a leap of faith and followed my heart. I hope we all will think twice before throwing away a dream. Don’t say no to an opportunity that could make life worth living.