School Uniforms

xyz - USA

Everyday I hear about the worries of faltering economy. I can’t help but think of the ways one can save money. In the present times I would take the side of saving money over spending more (to help the economy). It makes sense! Here is one idea. Parent members of PTA sign a petition to enforce uniforms in public elementary and intermediate schools. I mean uniforms of pants or skirts, shirts, shoes and socks. Don’t parents have to take children to malls for these items often and along comes buying of other accessories. The yearly budget will reduce quite a bit. Well, what about freedom of expression? Actually when the mind is off these things it will naturally incline towards expressing oneself through essays, arts and crafts, cooking etc. Also it will open one up for spending more time with family and extended family. Activities such as playing cards, a light sport, or just hanging out will create the bonds. OK, so what about the folks who loose jobs because of the reduced sales. How about going back to college and get an education where there will be always jobs such as healthcare, Information Technology and education. The money saved with the uniforms can be applied towards the job training education. The expense of the uniforms can be tax deductible. Here is what I would do convince myself that this works. Take the survey of your last year’s expenses of the clothing, shoes, socks, accessories of the items that you bought for your children. Create an estimate for the idea of uniforms and then compare. If convinced sign the petition. You got nothing to loose!