Animals should have a home

Solomon - Taos, New Mexico

I believe all around the world certain animals should have homes. These are often called “domestic animals”, such as dogs and cats. I believe this because in many places that I have traveled, I have seen these types of animals suffer. I have seen animals that were beaten, abused and hungry. Sometimes they were even left on the side of the road. I believe that human beings need to change this situation.

I formed this belief when I was on a trip to Brazil. I saw many animals living on the street. I have seen this in every place I have been. The animals were very hungry, dirty and had many babies living in the dirt with nothing. I also saw animals die on the roads. I have also seen this here in the USA. This made me think about how this has to change. Only people could change this.

The first way this can change is by having the government create shelters that can house the homeless animals. The second way is for programs to neuter animals so there will not be so many offspring born each year. Another way to solve this problem is to help people adopt animals more easily. One last way to help solve this problem is to teach challenged owners how to treat their pets better and more humanely so the pets will not run away from home.

One other reason I believe domestic animals should have homes is because animals complete some peoples lives. For instance, my dog completed my life by adding joy to it. I’m sure if you have a pet that you love, you probably feel the same way.

I believe that only domestic animals should have homes because others have homes in the wild and that is where they should stay. I visited a wolf sanctuary last year. Most of the animals there were kept as pets and because they were wild the owners had to give them away.

In conclusion, I believe humans can change this situation. My friend adopted a pet from the shelter and this helped. I have thought of animals anywhere, in the cold, scratching on a door waiting for someone, anyone to take them in. This is why I believe all around the world domestic animals can and should have homes.