You Choose

Rachel - Runnells, Iowa

I don’t know where we should go eat. I don’t care what movie we see. I don’t know what I want to wear, and I don’t care what you wear. I don’t know who should drive. I don’t know what we should do. I don’t care if we go to the mall, and I don’t care what we buy when we get there. The only thing I do know is that I don’t want to pick. You choose.

I believe in being indecisive. I would much rather have everyone else pick for me because I’m afraid I will pick something no one else wants to do. I don’t mind doing what other people want as long as I get to spend time with my friends.

Some people don’t mind that I hate choosing, and I thank them for it. These people are the ones who love choosing. They are, pretty much, the opposite of me. However, some of my friends hate that I never have an opinion about anything. These are the friends, who like me, hate picking.

Being with the people who gladly pick for me makes things easy. We ask each other what we should do and while I say I don’t know or I don’t care, they happily come up with something; whether it be seeing a movie or going to the mall. But when I’m with the friends who don’t care as well, things don’t go as smoothly. Our conversations normally sound like two, bored kids who have absolutely nothing to do.

Now, I’m not saying I don’t have an opinion on anything, because, I do. For instance, I know that if we go see a movie I will watch anything but a scary movie. If we go to the mall I can only spend so much money, because that’s all I have. Also, if we go out to eat I will most likely get chicken fingers and fries with a Pepsi, and if we go out for ice cream you can bet that I get chocolate. So once everyone else comes up with something to do I can make my own choices. But, I will never pick what we do.

In the end, I never choose, even if I am with the people who hate picking. I guess, in a way, I’m doing exactly what I wanted to do. I’m with my friends, and they are making all the decisions.