Anna - Idaho Falls, Idaho

I have an interesting habit of bursting into song at the most random times. Someone will say something and it will remind me of a song and so I sing that song. It’s just what I do. Some people seem to think it’s weird that I do that, but I know that it’s just what I do. That stupid habit helps define who I am. And I’m a little weird.

Considering this, I’m starting to wonder what normal is. If there is weird, there must be normal, right? Wrong. I like to think that there is no such thing as normal. Just think about it for a second. Is there a person out there in the world who is the definition of normal? If there is such a person, I will happily admit that I’m wrong. But I know that everyone has their own personality, their own habits, their own unique combination of quirks and oddities. There is no possible way that any person on this earth could be duplicated. And since each person is a unique and different individual, there is no such thing as normal.

People hate my habit. My friends roll their eyes when I start singing. Two of my best friends have concluded that they absolutely hate m taste in music, based solely on what I sing. Maybe they actually just hate my singing. My siser constantly tells me to stop singing. Then when I do stop, she starts humming or singing herself, sometimes the very song I just stopped singing. My brothers turn their music up or ignore me while they sink deeper into their world of video games, hoping to drown out my vocal practices. Two of my teachers have asked me to stop singing in their classes. Even though all of these important people absolutely despise my little habit, that is who I am and I wouldn’t have it any other way.