It doesn’t matter where you go in life, it’s who you have beside you

Megan - Idaho Falls, Idaho

“It doesn’t matter where you go in life, it’s who you have beside you.”

I, a freshman, have just finished the first semester of high school. With three and a half years left until leaving for college, the pressure is on. Life is going by fast and I’m afraid that I will lose my friends along the way.

My life has been great so far. I’ve had great friends who are always there for me, fun to be around, and just plain hilarious!! What is going to happen after high school? Am I going to lose them? Where am I going to go in life? Who will be sharing those experiences with me?

I have not decided what, or where, or how my life is going to turn out, but I know I want to be surrounded by good friends. My friends have improved my life. I cannot think of life without them. Friends can brighten up your day and make you smile. They are a shoulder to cry on and always have a good joke ready to whip out. Friends are one of those things you can’t describe. They are the best things a girl could have. They bring you back down to earth and tell it like it is. Friends really are the silver lining in this crazy would we call high school. Without them, where would I be?

For one of the best experiences of my life, great people surrounded me. This summer, when my softball team took first place at a tournament, great friends surrounded me and family, our team had never expected to get that far. Sure, we were good but who would have thought we could win. That day we beat Tsunami 16-9. We gave our coach his first real ‘win’. I remember the look of pride and joy all our parents gave us. We had won!! I’ so glad I got to share that with my team. It was one the happiest days of my life. All together we worked hard to get to the top, but what is going to happen next?

I guess I have decided that the future is something that I will always be afraid of. I can’t predict it so why do I worry about it? I guess things will work out for the best. My life is far from over, I’ll probably make new friends and have new experiences, but is it such a crime if I want to keep my old ones to? My whole future just seems like one unanswered question… but this I do know… It doesn’t matter where you go in life; it’s who you have besides you.