Friends Change

Matt - Idaho Falls, Idaho

All my life, I have had different sets of friends. These friends were all different, and reflected how I was different each year. Since I was young, I have had many disagreements with my friends, and have lost my share. In kindergarten, we were all friends, and most of the cliques today hadn’t even formed yet. Everyone talked to each other, and everything was normal. By first grade, I had a best friend, Dominic, and several other friends. In second grade, the class had completely divided up into several different cliques, and I had established my friends fairly well. But in 3rd grade, Dominic had become somewhat of a loser. He began bullying younger students, and when he started bullying my brother, I decided he was not a good friend. Later, I met Trevor and Jordan, and we were best friends. I met several new friends, but Jordan did as well, and our different schedules meant I had no classes with him. Then I started hanging out with two interesting characters, my friends Joe and Gage. Joe was kind of a wannabe punk, while Gage seemed to be convinced that he was going to be a rock star. I stayed with them for a while, until I met a significantly nicer group of friends who I have stayed with since.

In conclusion, I have had a lot of friends, and they have changed my life.