Miracles do Happen

Camille - Idaho Falls, Idaho
Themes: illness

Camille Asay

Miracles Do Happen

“This I believe”

Have you ever woken up one morning and you realized that your life has just changed forever? I have; when I was about twelve years old I woke up and looked in the mirror and noticed that my eye had drooped down so far that I could not see out of my eye. At that moment I knew that something was wrong. About a couple of months later, I learned that I had a very rare disease called Wegener’s, and an orbital phyto tumor. The disease was so rare, that my professional doctor had only seen one other patient in his doctor’s career with the same medical disease as me.

Before then, I thought I was always going to live a normal, healthy life. I thought I would be able to go to eighth grade and I thought I would be able to do regular activities, like regular girls. I wanted to go to school and see all of my friends. But most of all, I wanted to be happy, and enjoy life. When the doctor’s announced the news to me, I thought to myself, “My life is ruined, I will never be normal again.”

About a year and a half went by and I still had many problems and I still was not completely healed from my sickness. I had tried everything from medicines to surgeries. I had about two surgeries and tried over five different I.V. medicines. After all of that, and I was still sick and not getting any better. I felt like there was no hope, and I was always going to be sick and never be normal again.

Finally after about two whole years of waiting to be cured, a miracle happened, a doctor called who said he would try to help me. He did surgery on me, and then put me on a very expensive I.V. medicine. About one month later they called my mom and told me that I was in remission. After over two years and all of that time of waiting for a cure, I was finally cured!

Miracles do happen because I thought I would never be cure, but I was. I believe that anything can happen including miracles.