I believe

Octavio - Santa Maria, California

I believe there is a God. I believe that our existence on earth has a purpose. I believe that we as the human race have not walked a very long path to get were we are. I believe we know a lot. I believe we know a little.

When I was five years old I lived with my parents in Nipomo. We lived in a trailer park on the side of the 101 freeway. In this trailer park I met my first friends, three brothers. This is were some of my earliest memories of my life began. This is also the first time I remember listening about God and many of the great things he has done on earth. The oldest of my three friends used to read stories to us from the bible. I remember being so interested and amazed by the stories. I had so many questions that I knew nobody could answer. I believe I became in touch with God back then and he has always ben with me since.

I grew up with these friends and then we all went our own ways after high school. Our lives toke very different paths. I met new people and became friends with different types of persons. I never felt alone through out the years. Nevertheless the life I lived felt like it wasn’t right. Now every time I meet with these old friends I feel like their help and advice could have helped me live my life better. I try to get in touch with my old friends now but it is nothing like it used to be. We have lived different lives for many years now and there are some things that we just don’t do together. They were the best friends I have had and now I look forward to having our kids play together just like we did. They are good people and I believe our kids would get along just as we did.

I believe that God puts you in the life of others and others in your life. We are hear for each other and need to help each other. We have done many great things as humans but also many bad things. Only if we listen and do what is good for the person close to you will we serve a better purpose. I believe that people need to be braver in their daily lives so that this world can rid people who only use their energy to make it worse. Being united makes us stronger and revives our human natural qualities. We were put on this earth to help each other and make a good life.