Power of Love

Raymond - Altoona, Iowa
Themes: love

Raymond Christianson

Kristin, Dietzel

Comp. II

1/22/09

The Power of Love

Have you ever met someone who has stolen your world? Well, I have, and I believe in the power of love—an emotion that is so strong that it overwhelms, an emotion that is so strong that got me where I am today.

Benjamin Franklin once said, “Marriage is the most natural state of man, and . . . the state in which you will find sole happiness.” To love someone is to feel warm and fuzzy inside—to feel happy.

Growing up, I never really understood what love is. I considered that it was only for adults, and every time someone was hugging or kissing, I would say, “Ewww cooties!” I knew that videogames were awesome, and girls were not that awesome.

It was not until I got into high school that I realized that videogames were not as awesome as girls were. But, after many failed attempts at getting a girlfriend, I just went back to playing gory videogames. One day, however, I asked a girl to go to a dance with me, and she said, “Yes”. It was like a Napoleon Dynamite moment: “YES!!” Though we only lasted a couple days together after the dance, I realized that all she wanted was me to go to the dance with her; she broke up with me a couple days later.

Then, one summer I met a girl that was unlike any girl, We had so much in common, but when I was ready to ask her out, I found that her family had moved away. Sad, I went home to find that she called and we talked. I found that the feelings I had for her were true, because I never realized how much I liked her until she was gone. We kept in touch for months and talked a lot, and I knew I still had feelings for her.

The day that I asked her out is why I believe in the power of love, It is the greatest memory we have. Her brother was my friend who I hung out with all the time, I asked her out, on a day that I went to see them. It was three days after I had just got my driver’s license I left a note for my friend saying that I was going to ask her out the next day. I asked her out at her grandpa’s birthday party. She hugged me, But I was shocked because she was crying, I was thinking that she was going to say no, but she whispered in my ear, “Yes.” Then, all of a sudden, I was crying too, but not of sadness, but happiness.

Love is a powerful emotion so strong that it never fades away. Destiny had put us together, Though far apart, we never gave up believing that one day we would be together. And, to this day seven months later, I have never been happier. I believe in love, and I will always believe in love. My life without love was lonesome and boring everything I did, didn’t have a meaning to it. And when I was hurt there was no one to care. My life with love is the greatest part of my life to be with her was the greatest thing I have ever done in my life so far. So my advice for those people who still haven’t got a girlfriend or boyfriend yet, my advice would be take a chance. Because what do you have to lose?