Being a Personable person

Mike - Idaho Falls, Idaho

This I believe, how much it influances your life to be a personable person to those around you! The reason I say this is because I grew up in a family that was very personable. My father owned a Men’s Clothing business, and when I was there after school and on weekends, I saw how well he got along with every person that came into the store. A lot of the time after about ten or so minutes, he would find out that he either knew them, someone of their family, or even just someone they knew, it was amazing to me at that age to see how well people liked my dad, in those few minutes that they were there.

In another event that happened that influenced this belief was, one time when I am in Elementary school I remember my brother, who was in high school at the time, came with some others from the school and did an assembly. Now I don’t remember what the assembly was about, but I do remember seeing how my brother was such an outgoing guy, and the way he interacted with the people around him, was something that I admired.

From those early ages, I made it a goal in my life to become that personable person that I saw in my dad and brother, and that helped them so much in their lives to become the successful people they are today! As I went through those ages of Jr. high and High school I always made it a point to remember the goal I had for myself. I would go

out of my way to meet a new kid in the school, even though it kind of scared me to do that because it was out of my comfort zone. The more and more I began to make these small steps towards my goal, I felt more confident in myself to achieving it, but it was going to take a while.

After high school I was able to move to St. Louis Missouri for 2 years of my life, and I knew that from what I was doing there, this was where I was going to obtain the most ground towards my goal. As I was there for two years I was able to come out of my comfort zone a lot more often, and it defiantly was moving me forward. It wasn’t until about a year and a half into that two years that I finally felt like I was actually becoming that person that I saw in my dad and brother. It was such a wonderful experience to realize that! Now I am working in the same field that my dad was doing when I saw him working with those people, and also what my brother is doing now. I am able to use what I have learned from my experiences about being that personable person, and applying it to my work just as my dad and brother did, back when I first made that my goal.

This I Believe that being a personable person, and being that kind of person that people connect to quickly and easily, will influence your life in so many greater ways that you didn’t know it could!